Monday, August 20, 2018

Seasonal Vibes {Volume 4}: Summer 2018

Volume #4 of Seasonal Vibes - this time capturing what's been going on this summer including yoga teacher training, travel and what's coming up in the coming months.

I can't believe summer is coming to an end. The fact that my birthday is a week away blows my mind. It feels like yesterday that we were celebrating my 28th birthday. Now 29 is right around the corner. SO CRAZY.

If I'm being totally honest, I kind of expected this summer to be full of nice, calm relaxing vibes after a busy and stressful wedding season. But yo' girl can't sit still so of course it's been jam-packed and full of travel. Working on this…

Volume #4 of Seasonal Vibes - this time capturing what's been going on this summer including yoga teacher training, travel and what's coming up in the coming months.

Despite the busy-ness, life has been good. Really good. I try to take those upswings with a grain of salt but also a deep appreciation for the feel-good vibes. 2018 has been full of ups and downs. We started the year losing C's Dad and spent the next few months swinging between excitement and stress for our wedding. All while trying to manage a business and doing yoga teacher training. It was a lot. And while life is no less busy now, it just feels a little less heavy. I can't really explain it other than to say that I feel like I'm gripping less hard. Life isn't always easy and happy but I'm grateful for the moments that aren't because they remind me to appreciate the moments that are. So here I am feeling immense gratitude and excitement for what's to happened and what's to come. Let's recap…

1. Travel

If we haven't been flying somewhere to explore or visit friends, we've been escaping the summer fog in SF for sunnier pastures north of the city. This summer we've been to Toronto (twice), Montreal, Idaho and many weekends in Sonoma and Mendocino. All have been memorable for their own reasons but here are a few standout memories:

-Visiting our old stomping grounds in Toronto
-Patio hopping and drinking a little too much wine in Montreal
-Creating magic like this video in Idaho with C
-Shutting our phones off and camping along the Mendocino coast
-Hanging on the dock and eating great food on the Russian River

Volume #4 of Seasonal Vibes - this time capturing what's been going on this summer including yoga teacher training, travel and what's coming up in the coming months.

Upcoming travel: not too much, actually! I ended up cancelling a few trips because I was feeling overwhelmed by travel and missing home. I'm looking forward to having my parents out here in September and going down to Santa Cruz as well as spending another weekend in Mendocino for my birthday- and of course, the retreat!

2. Teaching Yoga!

Besides travel, this has definitely been the summer of teaching. I didn't do yoga teacher training ever planning to teach (honestly!). I just envisioned it helping me to deepen my practice and learn more about the spiritual side of yoga. To be honest, when I graduated, the idea of teaching terrified me…which was exactly why I started doing it. Usually our fears point us in the direction of growth. And growth is truly one of life's sweetest rewards. So I threw myself in the ring and truthfully, I've fallen in love with it. Standing up there and guiding a class through a practice touches my soul in a way I never knew possible. I'm so looking forward to teaching more. We have several events coming up in September and October so your best bet to stay up to date is to join our Events List. We are currently building out an events page but in the meantime, the list is where it's at!

Volume #4 of Seasonal Vibes - this time capturing what's been going on this summer including yoga teacher training, travel and what's coming up in the coming months.

3. I Joined Spotify

Or more accurately, I finally stopped using C's account and got my own. After teaching a couple classes, people kept asking for my playlists. I love putting them together and I'm thrilled you guys have been enjoying them as well. Each class has a different playlist and then I also have songs I'm digging and songs inspiring me for future yoga classes. If you guys like music, I love hearing your suggestions, and in the meantime feel free to follow The Healthy Maven to get access to all the playlists.

 

4. Camp Wellness

AHHHHHHHH <– doesn't even begin to describe my feelings about launching Camp Wellness. If you haven't seen the post, check it out HERE. We will be running our first yoga and wellness retreat in Mendocino, California at the start of November and I cannot wait. Getting to bring you beautiful humans together for a weekend of yoga and wellness in one of my favorite places in the world is truly a dream come true. For those of you who are curious to learn more about it as well as get a taste of my yoga style, stay tuned on Instagram as I'll be leading free yoga flows over there in the next few weeks. As always, if you have any questions about it don't hesitate to reach out. And just 10 more days to get early bird pricing. Check it out here!

Want more life updates? Here are some past Seasonal Vibes:

Seasonal Vibes {Spring 2018}
Seasonal Vibes {Winter 2018}
Seasonal Vibes {Fall 2017}

Fill me in on your lives! How has your summer been?

The post Seasonal Vibes {Volume 4}: Summer 2018 appeared first on The Healthy Maven.

No comments:

Post a Comment