Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Episode #73: Fern Olivia

On Episode 73 of That's So Maven, Davida is interviewing Fern Olivia of Thyroid Yoga all about how to balance your thyroid holistically and tips for anyone wanting to pursue yoga teacher training.

One of the many reasons I love running the podcast is because I get to pick the brains of people I admire and ask them questions that I know will make me a better and healthier human. Knowing that you get to eavesdrop on those conversations is just icing on the cake! Today's episode is no exception.

To be honest, I went into today's episode with Fern Olivia with somewhat of an expectation. I knew we'd talk about Thyroid Yoga and how to support our thyroid health, but what I got in return was so much more. As you guys know, I completed Yoga Teacher Training last spring and have begun my journey of teaching yoga. It has been a STEEP learning curve (if you think yoga teaching is easy – well I urge you to give it a try!) and one that left me with a lot of knowledge but an equal amount of questions. Fern must have picked up on this because the conversation that ensued both inspired and equipped me to be a better yoga teacher. I left our convo feeling amped up and eager to see this next chapter through.

On Episode 73 of That's So Maven, Davida is interviewing Fern Olivia of Thyroid Yoga all about how to balance your thyroid holistically and tips for anyone wanting to pursue yoga teacher training.

Of course, if you're not on a journey to teaching yoga, this episode is still relevant for you! We chat about Fern's decision to move to a blue zone and pursue her dreams as well as how to support your thyroid holistically among many other things.

Here are a few things we discuss in today's episode:

  • How Fern got sick and changed her entire life course through yoga
  • Her thyroid condition and how she learned to care for her thyroid holistically
  • The hustle culture of yoga and how she learned to live in the flow instead
  • 5th chakra healing and how it affects your thyroid
  • Identifying your dharma and following through with it
  • What Thyroid yoga is and how to use yoga to support your thyroid
  • Pursuing a career in yoga and how to find empowerment in your teaching
  • How she ended up moving to Costa Rica and what her life looks like now
  • The one health habit she can't live without (I love her answer!)

LISTEN HERE:  iTunes | Stitcher | Google Play | Player.FM | Podbean | Spotify

On Episode 73 of That's So Maven, Davida is interviewing Fern Olivia of Thyroid Yoga all about how to balance your thyroid holistically and tips for anyone wanting to pursue yoga teacher training.


This episode is brought to you by Imperfect Produce. I order my my Imperfect Produce box weekly to get fresh, organic produce to my doorstep at 30-50% less than the normal cost. Ugly doesn't mean it isn't delicious! Try out your first Imperfect Produce box for 50% off by using the code HEALTHYMAVEN at checkout. Enjoy!

 


Do you have any questions for Fern?

The post Episode #73: Fern Olivia appeared first on The Healthy Maven.

No comments:

Post a Comment